Are you coming back from a trip and want to give a magical touch to your photos? Or just looking to stylish your next profile picture? We all need to be handy with photo-editing. But that’s not everyone’s cup of tea. That’s where modern photo-editing apps come at play. We have compiled a list of 5 apps that are perfect for your photos. We have tested these apps on various aspects and we came with top apps for editing.
Who’s better than the leader itself? Adobe Photoshop is the most popular editing software for PC and its mobile version is Lightroom CC which is powerful as the PC version. Here’s why you should try it and make your photo stunning.
- The app is great for serious photographers. The app offers RAW photo-editing support and some advanced features like the PC version of Photoshop.
- You can alter everything from shadow tones and highlights to haze and the grain level (adds great texture to low-light photos).
- You can also copy and paste the editing settings of one photo to another.
- Connectivity to Creative Cloud gives it an edge as well for seamless connectivity between PC and mobile.
Google’s Snapseed has the right balance between approachability and capability. Loaded with tons of options, the menu may look crazy at first but all the tools are intuitive and awesome. Here’s what makes this unique:
- Beginner-friendly and free for use.
- The one-tap filters get professional level utility and customisation.
- With selective focus, you can change specific areas of your photos by selecting “Control points”
- Amazing filters like “vintage”, “noir”, and “grunge”.
With the power of Google, the app is sure to steal your heart. You can also save the styles and reuse them later on.
PicsArt Photo Editor
In terms of mobile photo-editing, PicsArt is one of the oldest contenders in the race. The app is more glimmer and less subtle. If you like crazy and artsy stuff on your photos, this is the app. Here’s what makes it stand out:
- The app is fun with loads of stickers and free-to-edit images, you also have a community to share your work with.
- You can boost your creativity with fun collages and changing your pics into art.
- A beautiful “double exposure” effect by mixing different photos as layers.
With a variety of brushes, you can paint on stickers, apply trendy templates to texts to photos. The number of tools might be scary at first, but extremely simple to control.
Made only for a particular trick, it does it the best. If you want to remove unwanted objects from your photos, this is the app. Here’s how it made to our list:
- The most effective app in removing unwanted objects from photos.
- A brush or lasso tool to make unwanted objects disappear.
- Just flick over a piece of line and whoosh! the whole thing vanishes.
Unlike other apps, this is paid but highly effective.
Everyone wants a little touch-up on their selfies. Facetune is the ultimate selfie photo editor. Here’s what makes it so:
- You can edit every aspect of your face and hair.
- All the adjustments are natural-looking be it smoothing out skin or adding volume to lashes.
- The app comes with instructions and video tutorials.
With an overwhelming amount of flattering filters, you can get down to the details, be it getting rid of those pesky dark circles or zit. You can also experiment with makeup and colours (hair, eye, beard etc)
We cannot just rely on a single app for our photo-editing needs. That’s why it is wise to use a couple of them. Snapseed and Lightroom bring a lot to the table in terms of detailed editing. While PicsArt is fun, TouchRetouch is useful in many scenarios. Selfies have become epidemic on social media, you sure want them to look good and Facetune is there for the rescue. Now, no app is perfect, but there’s an app for every editing need.