WhatsApp by Facebook has introduced a new feature for the Indian users in the WhatsApp messaging chat box called “WhatsApp Pay“. This feature will now allow WhatsApp users to send and receive money directly through their UPI (Unified Payments Interface) linked Bank accounts to anyone from the WhatsApp contact list by a very secure and protected method. WhatsApp Payment feature will now make money transactions as simple as sending videos or photos to anyone from anywhere at any-time by just tapping on the “Payment” icon.
WhatsApp Payments Service
Simple steps to enable WhatsApp Payments service UPI:-
Step 1: The first and most important step is to update your WhatApp Application from the Android Play store.
Step 2: After updating, select the person from your contact list to whom you would like to transfer the money.
Step 3: Click on the Attachment icon and then tap on “Payment” Rupee icon as shown in the below image.
Step 4:You will now proceed to next window called “Select your bank”, click on the search icon and enter your UPI linked Bank account name.
Step 5:Select your Bank from the above list and verify your Phone number with the allied bank by tapping on “VERIFY VIA SMS”.
Step 6: Take a few seconds break and wait for the process to Verify your phone number with the Bank account.Now click on the green button “Done” when the process finishes.
Note: You will be able to send money to the person who has also activated WhatsApp payment service, if that person does not yet have this feature activated, then you will have the screen shown below.
- Please keep in mind that your WhatsApp number should be the same which is linked to your bank account.
- You can transfer money only 20 times a day to a single or multi Virtual Payment Address (VPA’s).
- In a day, Government has set a maximum money transfer limit of Rs. 1 Lakh via WhatsApp Pay.
- This service is using the Government’s UPI payment system and all the payments are secured. So now no need to worry about the exchange of your hard-earned money via WhatsApp Pay.
- WhatsApp Pay also includes the transfer of money through QR code scan. You can find this feature easily in the “Payment” option of the App.
- Users can also check their day to day transaction details in a dedicated section “History” given under the ‘payments’ section.