World Aids Day 2018 Quotes Slogans Themes Activities Images Pics Posters: World Aids Day is observed every year on 1st December. This day is an opportunity for individuals worldwide to come forward and unite for the fight against HIV, to raise awareness and show some support for all the people who are suffering and had died due to AIDS-related disease. World Aids Day is marked as the first ever global health day and it is founded in 1988, since then the United Nations agencies, governments, and civil society join together every year to organize a campaign for AIDS and cure as many people as they can.
In the UK over 101,000 people are fighting with HIV. According to governments report, Globally, there is an estimated 36.7 million people who are diagnosed with HIV virus. In spite of the infection just being recognized in 1984, in excess of 35 million individuals have died due to HIV or AIDS, making it a standout amongst the most ruinous pandemics ever. World AIDS Day is a great way and important day to remind the government and people that HIV is still live with us and has not gone yet, there still an essential need to increase awareness, raise money, fight the disease and improve the education.
History of AIDS
Researchers believe that HIV initially originated from an infection specific to chimpanzees in West Africa amid the 1930s, and initially transmitted to people through the exchange of blood through chasing. Throughout the decades, the infection spread through Africa, and to different parts of the world.
However, it wasn’t until the mid-1980s, when uncommon kinds of pneumonia, disease, and different sicknesses were being accounted to the specialists and doctors that the world is aware of HIV and AIDS. This course of events features a portion of the real occasions and discoveries in HIV and AIDS since this time.
World AIDS Day Quotes Slogans
Red is HIV – AIDS Color to spread awareness.
“AIDS is an absolutely tragic disease. The argument about AIDS’ being some kind of divine retribution is crap”.
“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.”
“I enjoy being the messenger for God in terms of letting people know about HIV and AIDS.”
“Because of the lack of education on AIDS, discrimination, fear, panic, and lies surrounded me.”
“If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of your heart.”
“Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light.”
“Be an opener of doors for such as come after thee, and do not try to make the universe a blind alley.”
“AIDS obliges people to think of sex as having, possibly, the direst consequences: suicide. Or murder.”
“Why should society feel responsible only for the education of children, and not for the education of all adults of every age?”
“Find a need and fill it.”
“I’m grateful for doing those drugs, because they kept me from getting laid and I would have gotten AIDS.”
World AIDS Day Activities Themes
There are number’s of activities are observed on World Aids Day to increase and spread awareness. Some of the important activities that are written below.
- A public statement can be submitted to the agency board identifying the recognition for the World AIDS Day.
- Red ribbons should be wore or distributed to others to mark the hope to the schools, work sites or community groups. Electronic ribbons can also be distributed to the social media outlets.
- All the activities (like DVD showings and Aids prevention seminars) of businesses, schools, healthcare organizations, clergy and local agencies should be encouraged for their great work.
- A candlelight vigil can be held at the public park or the nearest agency where singers, musicians, dancers, poets, storytellers and etc could distribute the message of Aids prevention through entertaining performances.
- World AIDS Day information can be distributed by linking it to the website of your agency.
- All the planned events and activities should be already distributed through the e-mail, newsletters, mailings or electronic bulletins.
- People can be aware by displaying the exhibitions, posters, videos, flyers, brochures for HIV/AIDS and etc.
- World AIDS Day activities can be informed to a large group of people instantly through the blogs, Facebook, Twitter or through the other social media websites.
- Actively contribute to the other groups of celebrating the World AIDS Day.
World AIDS Day Posters Images
This year on December 1st marks the 30th anniversary of AIDS Day. Join us this World AIDS Day in raising awareness about the importance of knowing one’s status and calling for the removal of all barriers to accessing HIV testing.